Artificial Intelligence in Cancer Care Symposium
Cancer Research Network
Location:F23 Auditoriums 1 & 2 Camperdown campus
This event is co-chaired by Professor Nehmat Houssami (Sydney School of Public Health) and Professor Jean Yang (Sydney School of Mathematics & Statistics), who will lead a working group to discuss the formation of a new 'AI in Cancer Care' Special Interest Group (SIG) of the Cancer Research Network.
The program will also feature speakers presenting their latest research in this rapidly evolving, multidisciplinary field, as well as presentations on recent relevant grant applications.
• Prof Jean Yang, Theme leader of Integrative System and Modelling, CPC - Overview of AI and data science in biomedical research
• Prof Graham Mann, Professor of Medicine, Westmead Clinical School and Co-Director Centre for Cancer Research, The Westmead Institute for Medical Research - AI in melanoma research
• Prof Phyllis Butow, Professor of Psycho-oncology, Sydney School of Public Health, Surgical Outcomes Research Centre (SOuRCe) - AI for communication in oncology
• Prof Heiko Spallek, Academic Lead Digital Health and Health Service Informatics - Digital Health & Informatics: Facilitating research
• Dr Doan Trang Nguyen, ACRF Image X Institute - AI in Radiation Therapy
• Prof Nehmat Houssami, Sydney School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine & Health - AI in breast cancer screening
• Prof Sally Cripps, Co-Director, Centre for Translational Data Science - AI methodologies for medical research
• Dr Katy Bell, Sydney School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine & Health - Automated text mining for epidemiological research
• Prof Patrick Brennan, Professor of Medical Imaging and Associate Dean, International, Faculty of Health Sciences - AI-assisted cancer prediction and diagnosis in breast radiology and pathology
• A/Prof Jinman Kim - Director of the Visual TeleHealth Lab, School of Computer Science - Cancer and PET-CT
Morning tea and Lunch provided
Registrations at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LJ9KHBP - it is free but essential for catering purposes.