Conducting and publishing qualitative health research
Patient-Centred Research (PACER) Network
Location:Seminar Room, Kids Research, The Children's Hospital at Westmead
Facilitator: Allison Tong, The University of Sydney School of Public Health
Registration: $60 for student, $120 for non-students (includes materials and catering).
Registration: http://pacernetwork.org.au/pacer-workshops Places are limited to 35
This one day workshop will provide an overview of qualitative health research and involves a combination of lectures and practical exercises.
– understand the purpose of qualitative research
– compare key differences between qualitative and quantitative research
– gain knowledge of the common methodologies used in qualitative health research
– understand the design of qualitative studies (including participant selection)
– gain skills in common methods and techniques of data collection (interviews, focus groups)
– gain knowledge in the methods and techniques of data analysis
– appraise a qualitative study
– learn how to report and publish qualitative studies in biomedical journals