Prostate Cancer Mini-Symposium
Location:New Law Lecture Theatre 106 Eastern Avenue The University of Sydney (Camperdown campus)
The University of Sydney Prostate Cancer Special Interest Group is holding an afternoon mini-symposium to showcase some of the latest prostate cancer research being undertaken by researchers at the University of Sydney.
We are also pleased to announce that Associate Professor Michael Hofman from the Peter MacCallum Cancer in Melbourne will give the keynote address.
Associate Professor Hofman has a broad interest inpositron emission tomography (PET), molecular imaging applications in oncology and radionuclide therapy. Associate Professor Hofman has a vision of improving patient outcomes by using molecular imaging to non-invasively characterise disease thereby enabling improved selection of the most appropriate therapy for an individual patient and better assessment of therapeutic response.
The full program will be available here.
Confirmed speakers include:
• A/Professor Michael Hofman, Nuclear Medicine Physician, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
• Professor Vanessa Hayes, Petre Chair Prostate Cancer, The University of Sydney
• Professor Paul Keall, Radiation Physics Laboratory, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney
• A/Professor Ilona Juraskova, Centre for Medical Psychology and Evidence-based Decision-making, The University of Sydney
• Dr Andrew Hoy, School of Medical Sciences & Bosch Institute, The University of Sydney
• Ms Elisabeth Tondl, Faculty of Science, School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney
Please email [email protected] by Friday 13 January to register your interest in presenting