REIMAGINING THE WAY WE DELIVER HEALTHCARE SERVICES
State government, district health boards, hospitals, primary health networks and allied organisations are currently investing a great deal of time and money to overcome major systemic and technology challenges in healthcare, including:
- 1. Simultaneously improving value, quality of care and enhancing patient-centred outcomes in practical ways
- 2. Moving from volume to value-driven care to enhance patient outcomes
- 3. Improving integrated models of care and embedding precision medicines in an equitable way
- 4. Breaking down silos that act as a roadblock to efficient patient pathways through the system
- 5. Implementing digitization initiatives, telehealth and decision-support tools
- 6. Mitigating the risks to systemic change from implementation of digitisation projects
- 7. Education and training to better support digitisation in healthcare and the clinician of the future
The Healthcare Innovation Series 2019 has been developed around the most valuable real-world strategies, case studies and lessons learned in Australia. It has been designed to help attendees identify new opportunities to overcome their core challenges.
Each day will be split in two, with the morning examining systemic challenges and operational excellence; including people and processes, patient-centricity, change management, improving value and building capabilities. The afternoon will then explore practical tools and technologies for a better, digitally enabled healthcare system that is more efficient, effective and affordable.