“SHOTGUN” seminar: Get to know your fellow researchers
Westmead Hub Bioinformatics and Omics Seminar (WH-BOS)
Location:CMRI, Seminar Room 1
A new name comes with a new initiative for this meeting – the “SHOTGUN” seminar – the latest and greatest from the WH-BOS committee.
What is it? Up to 8 speakers, 5 minutes each, present an overview of their research and how it relates to (or how it could relate to) bioinformatics/the use of technologies. This will then follow-on with an overall session of questions. The idea is to get to know your fellow researchers across the campus quickly, a bit like speed dating.
It’s going to be fast… and fun
We have 7 speakers lined up.
• Naisana Asli (Faculty of Dentistry, Uni Syd) – “Epithelial Carcinoma”
• Tram Doan (WIMR) – “Breast Cancer”
• Marian Fernandez (WIMR) – “Molecular Epidemiology of RNA Viruses”
• Atul Kamboj (SCHN/KRI) – “Vector Integration site analysis”
• Joshua Lewis (CHW) – “Vascular calcification the poor cousin of atherosclerosis”
• Rosie Sadsad (CIDM-PH) – “Hospital surveillance”
• Ashley Waardenberg (CMRI) – “Predicting Protein Kinases”