CINSW SW-TCRC Clinical Travel and Education Support (Non-Conference)
Round 2 2015
This round of applications close: Friday 25th September 2015
The SW-TCRC is providing financial support to clinical cancer professionals, in particular nursing and allied health professionals, to conduct a short site visit or to attend an educational course or workshop.
The scheme aims to:
- Provide clinical cancer professionals with the opportunity to increase their knowledge, skills and understanding of cancer related issues that can be directly translated to the workplace to improve cancer care;
- Promote the exchange of ideas, exposure to new research and evidence, and new approaches through the access to educational and professional development activities;
- Contribute to the education and information exchange across the SW-TCRC by providing feedback from site visits / courses to SW-TCRC members via the Knowledge Portal.
Successful applicants will receive up to $2,000 for national travel or up to $5,000 for international travel.
There will be two rounds of Clinical Travel & Education Support in 2015.
2015 funding round closing dates:
Friday 27th March 2015
Friday 25th September 2015
- CINSW SW-TCRC Clinical Travel & Education Support awards are open to the following health professionals working in oncology disciplines:
o Nurses (medical, radiation, surgery, genetics, haematology or palliative cancer care) or clinical trials
o Data managers
o Social workers, Psychologists, Radiation therapists, Medical physicists
o Other health professionals including Cancer Genetic Counselors, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists or Speech therapists.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the importance of the site visit or educational activity.
- Applicants must be members of the SW-TCRC.
- The applicant's primary site of work or training must be a SW-TCRC affiliated institution with at least 12 months employment or training at this site.
- Individuals are only eligible to receive one CINSW SW-TCRC Clinical Travel & Education Support award in a two year period.