- This event has passed.
Australian Clinical Trials Alliance (ACTA) Summit 2020
30 November @ 9:00 am - 04 December @ 5:00 pm
The ACTA Summit 2020 will be a ‘virtual’ gathering of Australian and international experts in the design and conduct of clinical trials, embedding research into service delivery, digital health care and data custodianship, healthcare policy and regulation, health economics, and consumer engagement.
The ACTA Summit 2020 will focus on the opportunities and challenges facing the sector from the perspective of ACTA’s vision of better health through best evidence. The underlying themes of the ACTA Summit 2020 are:
- Innovations in Trials and Registries in Healthcare
- Impact of COVID-19: Lessons Learned and Future Initiatives
The Clinical Trials 2020: National Tribute and Award Ceremony will be presented during the Summit. Experts in clinical trial design and implementation, health economics, consumer engagement, statistics, data and policy will come together to talk about the state of investigator-initiated clinical trials, clinical quality registries and clinical trial coordinating centres.
To capture as well as gain from the rapid changes the healthcare and research systems faced during COVID-19, ACTA Summit 2020 will:
- Review the current landscape for conducting clinical research internationally and in the Australian healthcare system; highlighting successes, identifying challenges and solutions and examining how the rapid changes brought about by COVID-19 can be maintained and expanded.
- Present advancements in clinical research methodology, registries, and data technologies for more effective and implementable outcomes.
- Foster discussions that cut across disciplines and health conditions, leveraging opportunities.
For more information and to register, go to: https://clinicaltrialsalliance.org.au/events-forums/save-the-date-acta-summit-and-clinical-trials-2020-national-award-ceremony/